Things I’ve learned.Posted: June 21, 2011
Working on my game the past two weeks, I’ve learned many things that are common knowledge for experienced programmers. I’m still very much a newbie though and I think its a good time to note when I realized the following:
– You can always expect to need to refactor code. No matter how well planned you think you’re being.
– “Code smells” are a very useful concept.
– Unit tests are good. Write them as early as possible.
– Source control is awesome.
– Don’t try to predict future problems.
– A bug tracker will really help you keep on track.